Saturday, January 29, 2011

A return to lucidity

After weeks of insomnia I finally got back on medication. After just two days I had a long lucid dream last night. I was dreaming of my aunt and cousins again, at one point I was in a room by myself and I looked at my arms, as soon as I saw my tattoos weren't normal I became lucid. I was on my way to leave the house when I passed my cousin, I stopped, took her in another room. I had my goodbye talk that I never got to have with her, said everything I wanted to, and I let all of the sadness in me go, I cried, then continued with a more normal lucid dream of flying and things of that nature.
The brain works in funny ways, you can achieve more in two minutes in a lucid dream, than you can in weeks of therapy. The conscious mind is stubborn, but the subconscious is open to suggestion. I made peace with my cousins memory, I love her and I miss her, but I've moved on.
Goodbye Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment