Sunday, July 1, 2012

Watching scientists on television. Considering the fact that one or several of them will discover things that will harm us. Someone discovered the atom bomb...

We can define where we are, based on the history of discovery. I live in the united states. Texas, I can further narrow this down to an exact street, address, or even further a specific spot in a room, my latitude and longitude... Etc. But what says I'm here? Columbus discovered America... Texas was decided borders bought and sold,won in wars, refined over time. This property was bought and developed and now exists as a home. What was it before, this space still existed. I existed, in some capacity, we all do, we have and we will. In fact my words on this screen are a piece of me. They will exist, and carry on me. The mere realization of the internet, and it's vast amount of storage, the freedom of knowledge, has changed the capacity, speed and efficiency of the human. Freedom of information has evolved us. Here I am, once again vaguely typing thought process, barely touching on five subjects all at once, the way our brain thinks, until focused. So I'll focus. I'll double back and address each idea I started to form, before getting side tracked to a different idea. Of course, this isn't the me that typed those things, no... I'm future me. I've had time to mull over each topic. The reality of each subject has changed in my reality, thus changing my thoughts on them. I will now type how I feel about them now. Not how past me thought of them, but a (hopefully) evolved, better educated formation of those thoughts. I wish the process itself could be shown, the filter that decides what word to type, if I hadn't put a comma there, you would not read a pause. If I wrote this without spaces it would appeartobemeaningless, even though there is order, without that space, even words lose their meaning.
And now, 24 hours later... Even further into thought, I'd rather post this in its incomplete form than double-back right this moment. But certainly I'm questioning things I'll inspect in further detail. Yet, certainly someone else has already brought up these topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment