Friday, June 10, 2011

Not long now.

Fragments scattered in time, proof that I did in fact exist.
I was several things to several people, but vanished from thought once my use was fulfilled. A leftover picture, a scribble on a piece of paper, a voicemail, these are the only fading memories of a life once lived.
Remembered only in small shards, the whole of my life was never shared. Those closest to me always knew there was something else, I couldn't put into words, and that they couldn't understand. Here, at this late chapter, in a book that's almost written, the pages show signs of regret, words unsaid, emotions held back. You can't dwell on yesterday, and that's where I am. Look forward to an amazing life laid out before you, think of me no more.
I had my time, and wasted most of it, chasing incomplete dreams, unrequited emotions, intangible myths. My legacy, my name, scratched from history, my own children no longer wear my name. Life is an artform, one to be respected, grasped as tightly as possible, for it slips no matter the agility.
My memories are all I take with me, an early morning smile, a shared walk somewhere new, I have my fragments of you, and I will cherish them, the only time I really felt alive.
Whatever the future holds, I wish you all your dreams, love, and respect. A vast plane stretches out before you, covered with great memories yet to be had. Mine is not long for this world, I will clutch tight the thought of you, as I carry into the next great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment