Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A lifestyle.

Welcome back to my blog, I haven't written anything new here in a while, although I did post everything from Facebook here, just to keep it all in one place.
On the advice of a dear friend I had lost touch with, I'm going to attempt a lifestyle change. I know its possible, this time last year I got healthy and stayed that way for quite some time. Sadly, old habits die hard, I got busy and distracted, and quit paying attention to my health. Originally I was lashing out in response to depression, I got so down I didn't eat for eight days, I wasn't hungry, and the idea of food made me sick. A small seed planted in my head,"what if I eat healthy now that my body is empty of toxins?" it worked very well, exercise and meditation were quick to follow. I was sober and healthy. Someone offered me a beer one evening, like an idiot I accepted. It was 10 months of setbacks rather than evolution. My mind is in a healthier place this time, and I want my body to follow. It helped my anxiety immensely last time, so I'm hoping for all of the benefits you don't usually take into consideration.
I'm going to try and cleanse. It won't be easy right now, I have to get the required food, and with touring it's not easy, so I may just half starve for our show in st. Louis this weekend. I know starving isn't a solution, but it's either drop my will power, or try to convince my bandmates to stop somewhere healthy... Neither is happening.
There's not much temptation in the house right now, so it should be an easy goal. Ten days of health, see where it goes from there. Last year 45 days yielded amazing results, and once the depression was over, I afforded plenty of fun with it, just a constant watchful eye on overall conditioning. There's more I want to write, but I'll start another post.

1 comment:

  1. I've decided to wait until after sat to start the cleanse, being patient might be wise, they tend to make you sick for a couple days, and I don't want to be stuck in a van with 7 guys feeling like that. I'll keep you up to date.

    ReplyDelete