Sunday, October 10, 2010

Guilty until proven innocent

I barely leave the house the past few weeks, so why does something horrible have to happen when I do?
Alcohol and medication + several head injuries would be the most probable answer. It just feels like an excuse though.
Went out with my brother and his friend, and met up with some of our mutual friends. Drinks were had, and I wasn't paying attention to the fact that I'm not used to my new medications yet.
Somehow an arguement started. I haven't thrown a punch since I was twelve, apparently I threw about 50, on my own brother and his friend. Things calmed down and I went to my room, I was completely blacked out, a fire started somehow in my trashcan, I guess it freaked me out because I ran off. This is where I start remembering chunks of things. I was in a field, I knew I'd been a jerk, but didn't know I'd hit anyone, I walked home and saw a firetruck. I sat and talked to a fireman until a policeman showed up and arrested me. I thought it was for domestic disturbance. I sat in the waiting area, and didn't know I was in serious trouble until they took me In a room and made me strip, shower and put on this strange Velcro vest with nothing on under it.
When people say jail sucks, there's no way to understand until you've experienced it. It was cold, I was basically naked and had a sink/toilet, no idea of time other than when they slide food through a small slit in the door.
Boredom is the name of the game, I had to put myself in a meditative state just to avoid having a serious panic attack. I had no idea how long I was to stay there. They came and handcuffed me, led me in a room and a fire Marshall talked to me, let me know inwas on a 24hr hold until he and a judge could determine if it was an accident. He questioned me for about an hour, but I had been blacked out, I didn't have much information.
I was put back in my cell. Going to the bathroom is almost impossible, between the odd vest and the fact that people are watching you, there's even a camera in every cell. The man next to me was crazy, yelling nonstop, you can't see the other inmates, just hear them. He took toilet paper and covered his camera, yelled about being pregnant. Didn't make things any easier.
I tried to guess at the time based off meals, but was way off, finally someone came and released me, it was ruled accidental. I'll probably blog more about this, and the cleanup process, I still can't sleep in my room, the one place I feel safe.
I'm home, safe, even spent an evening with someone great last night. All of my piercings except my snakebites went in with little pain. I'll have to get them redone.
I'm happy to be free, but very ashamed of what transpired.

No comments:

Post a Comment