Thursday, February 9, 2012

This has been written three ways, two of which I care to share.

Look down the barrel my old friend
Focus on this last thing before the end
I've wasted so much energy on your hate
Take a breath smell the metal I can wait

Put your hands up to your face
Pray one last time for saving grace
You're negativity hurt them all
Now on your knees they see you crawl

Open wide now please close your eyes
Recant the deeds that led to your demise
Swallow hard now my old friend
Off to hell now you'll descend
The barrel empties in your head
From this simple bit of lead

I've dug this grave with my own hands
Burrow deep now into the sands
Each pile of dirt is better than
What lies before me once a man

Mistake this not for my revenge
Not a selfish act for my own end
On this day so many lives are freed
All their pain is gone while you just bleed

Such a sad and senseless deed
Upon their fears you would feed
But now we've made it to the end
Close your eyes now my old friend

This won't play out in this life
The memory however long since died

No comments:

Post a Comment