Thursday, February 9, 2012

This sucks, because I can't sleep.

But I'm posting it anyways.

Strip everything away except the fear.
Dissolve the pain that comes with time.
I held you once, now not so near.
Erase this verse, forget this rhyme.
I'd give it all away for one so dear.
Commit myself unto this earth my final crime.

Excluded from your life, yet so close.
To let you live in peace, a path I chose.
Gave up everything, filled with regret.
I want it back now, unhedge my bet.

I could have begged, I could have cried.
It makes no difference in my mind.
Stayed strong, pretended to be fine.
Really weak, unfolded with time.

Those final memories, choked back with tears.
I life unknown for many years.
A path un-chose now has been closed off
The picture painted is never gone

No comments:

Post a Comment