Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The dreams that rot inside my head.


My medication causes me to sleep deeply. It also causes me to have have rather involved, surreal and usually dark dreams. Often waking from one directly into another, and for some reason I can't recognize dream symbols to become lucid,(the irony).

Last night I had a dream about spending alot of time with an old friend, one I had a falling out with after I got married. By the middle of the dream we were fighting, violently, I got set on fire, I stabbed him with his own knife. After time in nonsense, I realized I thought he had died, the dream ended at his funeral.

This dream was only disturbing because from all I know, he has passed. From what I was told he died of cancer several years ago. Upon waking it bothered me enough to try and search to put the rumors to rest either way, as no one I know was at his funeral, or was even close to him at the time. No search results left me feeling upset. If he hasn't passed on, it's sad that a rumor got started, if he has, it's sad you can't find information about it.

Long story short, my dreams are intense and brooding, but at least I sleep now...

No comments:

Post a Comment