Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gather around the iPod light

It's storytime kids. I'll try to keep this one light hearted.
It's a story about a girl, I met her about 17 years ago, that's right I'm an old one. But I think the lesson still applies. I met her at a party, somewhat briefly, she was with her friend, I was young, tried to hide my shyness but even that night I noticed her stealing glances. Now I'm not even sure if she knows I know about this part, but a few days later someone read me something from her, asking who I was.
The years passed quickly as they always do, we were good friends, but I put that memory away... Assuming it was just a passing curiousity. Sometimes boys can be dim, and not pay attention to signs. As we both grew professionally our paths crossed more often, we were good friends,as if there was never a point we didn't know everything about the others life. I began working with her on projects more and more frequently... One night she had a big show, and we were there celebrating the anniversary of our website, but I was photographing her show as well.
I had noticed sometimes it seemed like she was flirting, but passed it off as friendly, but that night, I went to say goodnight and congratulate her on her show, i gave her a hug,when I went to kiss her on the cheek, she turned her head, and our lips met. Just a stolen peck, very innocent, but it sent my mind reeling over the years to find traces of how she might feel.
It took a few weeks, and I kept inviting her to things, making excuses to be around her more. It took some patience, but on a special evening I asked her to share birthday celebrations with, as they are less than two weeks apart. During this time I was sitting back realizing how proud I was, that she was doing well, and was happy with her life. That night started what over the next two weeks became an obvious miracle. Stupid boy realized someone special had always been there.
The next four months they were always together, but took time because they had both been hurt so many times. There were hard times, but usually it was something small, or something they couldnt control, and always did well at making up, and forgiving. Toward the end of the four months "I love you" snuck out, more and more often. I was trying hard to figure out something special to do, to officially ask her to be my girlfriend.

That's where my story ends, I promised to keep it light hearted, and stupid boy, did something stupid to wonderful girl.
Now put out the iPod light and get some sleep kids... Maybe someday I'll get to tell you the rest, but it gets scary for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment