Friday, August 20, 2010

If I were a book, would I be hardback?

I wish I could write a book about my life, but upon reflection, it'd be more of a "what not to do" type of book. It's so easy to pinpoint bad choices, and try to avoid making them again. The problem is my life, in my opinion, has slowed to a crawl avoiding all the possible mistakes. Maybe those mistakes have to be made to find the beautiful moments in life, nothing ventured nothing gained and all those other quotes I don't feel like repeating.

Hiding in my house most of the time certainly isn't going to help me find love, friendship or any other shared human experience worth discovering. I've worked really hard to be more social, but often it leads me to wonder if there is anyone left I relate to on any significant level. People are wonderful, complex creatures, and everyone has some trait or knowledge that makes them beautiful and unique, but so many souls stifle that beauty, they hide it in shame.
Why must individuality cause so much stress and pain? I hate to think of a sea full of drone faceless putty, conformity is not a natural instinct, it's a learned process brought on by fear, taught it schools, barked from pulpits, and shown on television.

If I were to write a book about myself what would it be called? Rapid fire answers, some automatic writing, if you will:
"How to marry a junkie, clean them up to have your children, only to have junkie steal them after you kick her out" no too long.

"babysit your kids or make it to band practice, which is right for you?"
Eh, we all know how that one went wrong no matter what I chose.

"Learning to not live life by hiding from it, a cautionary tale of love and loss, then the void it all leaves after."

"how to not be recognized for your actual accomplishments, but for stupid rumors people start"

Ok I'm bored with that now. Rather than ellaborate on any of that, I'll leave it as is... Go ahead and judge those books on the covers, that's all you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment